Monday, December 20, 2010

Korean Trip Records, DAY ONE

11th of December, 2010. First night in Korea
-
Holy freaking shit, I forgot to bring my diary! Of all things, too, groan. But at least we arrived safely. So I decided to write in my sketchbook; it's either this or my bare hands, which I would never.
-
It was freaking cold in Korea, and there's mist coming out of our breathing mouths, which are quite fun to watch. During the flight to Korea, I watched "Beauty and the Beast", then played Sudoku until I fall asleep.
-
When we arrived in the Korea Airport, I met the tour guide. He's kinda old, but he's nice. Then he has an assistant named Justin, who speaks more Cantonese than Chinese, and another helper named Lion (weird name), who would look after our luggage and stuff.
-
Today we tried some milk that was mixed with ginseng. It's kinda nice, and the people there claim "It's good for your health! Buy some or DIE" Of course, the second sentence is just a joke.
-
Later then, we went to this fishie thingie shop, and I enjoyed painting the fishie lanterns (see pictures in my album at Facebook). Then I got to leave a comment downstairs on the "tourist commenting board thingie". After that we went shopping, and the tour guide recommended honeydew ice cream, and it tasted great :D. Then we had Korean Bak Kut Teh for dinner, which was in my personal opinion, a CHICKEN in SOUP! Of course, there's no head in it, or I would've refused to eat, ha ha. And Lion keeps asking if we need any refills on the side dishes, which is kinda' weird. Doesn't he need to eat? Oh well, his problem, not mine.
-
The hotel is fine, and I get to sleep in a futon! It's like sleeping on a half-mattress, half-blanket. It's kinda nice :D, and we watched the movie "Blade" before going to sleep :P. Had a fun day, Nini out.

No comments:

Post a Comment